Sunday, June 30, 2013

This Trip Sunday

"Ok, so where all are you going on this trip?"
"What, you mean the thing on sunday when I am going to France and then around the world?"
"Yea, this trip sunday. Where are you going?"

(actual conversation with my mother)

It's 4:24 AM sunday, Boone, time, and shit's getting tight. My bag is almost packed, I have some laundry left in the drier, and I really hope that I get to sleep on at least one of my flights, because I am a tad tired. It should come as no surprise to anyone that it is rather difficult to sleep the night before flying a third of the way around the world without anything remotely resembling return plans.

The first misadventure is already Well Underway. I never successfully arranged for accommodations during the language immersion program, so my plan is as follows:

1. Change many dollars into many euros.
2. Take euros to student housing apartment complex.
3. ???
4. Profit.

I'll also have, you know, a copy of my student identification and a copy of my passport. At least I think I do. Worst comes to worst, I have to slum it in a hostel for a few days. Indeed, first order of business is registering in a hostel Monday morning, so I at least have a place to stay monday night. I am really hoping that the apartment works out, though, because, you know, bachelor pad on the French Riviera during the summertime.

Wink wink.

4:40. Time to go soon. I regret to report that I do not think I will be capable of eating my customary Cinnabon in the Charlotte airport. I say that now, but I'll probably have to eat my own words in the nxt post. Which, by the way, should be by Tuesday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment